If you’re considering orthodontic treatment for yourself or your kids, you may wonder what the best orthodontic treatment is. Should you opt for traditional braces or Invisalign clear aligners. You may have several questions. Are braces better than Invisalign? Do Invisalign work? What is the difference between Invisalign and braces? Are braces cheaper than Invisalign? In this article, we will discuss are braces better than Invisalign by comparing both types of orthodontic treatment.
Is Invisalign Really Effective?
The very first thing that people wonder about Invisalign is if it even works. People often ask, skeptically, “does Invisalign work?” People often wonder this because the idea of Invisalign orthodontic treatment often seems too good to be true. Invisalign are basically clear aligners that gradually apply pressure on your teeth to move them in the correct direction and straighten misaligned teeth within 18 months. As such, not only are Invisalign highly effective, but they’re invisible and can’t be seen by people.
What’s The Difference Between Braces And Invisalign?
The following is an overview of the primary differences between Invisalign and braces.
- Appearance: Invisalign braces are completely transparent, and most people won’t even know you’re wearing them unless they look closely. Traditional braces are highly visible and ugly. Furthermore, they get stained with meals over time and get even more unattractive.
- Removable: Invisalign braces have to be worn for at least 22 hours per day to be effective, but you can take them off at will. As such, you can take your Invisalign off before meals, so they don’t get stained. You can also take them off before brushing your teeth so you can maintain oral hygiene. Traditional braces can’t be taken off at all, which means they get stained easily, and you can’t clean your teeth effectively.
- Comfort: Invisalign orthodontic treatment is a lot more comfortable because the clear aligners simply apply pressure on your teeth without any wires. Traditional braces, however, include arch-wires and brackets that may cause some pain or discomfort, at least initially.
- Orthodontic Treatment Duration: Invisalign treatment generally lasts between 6 to 18 months. Traditional braces orthodontic treatment may last up to 4 years, which means you’ll be wearing the braces a lot longer.
- Dental Visits: You have to go to the dentist every two weeks when you wear Invisalign so they can track your progress and provide the next set. However, if you’re traveling somewhere, you can also get your progressive sets of aligners and change them yourself. However, if you have traditional braces, you can’t travel anywhere for a long period because you must see the dentist once every four weeks. Furthermore, traditional braces may also come off if you bite into something hard, which means you’ll have to see a dentist again.
- Cost: Invisalign orthodontic treatment is a lot more expensive than traditional braces.
Why Is Invisalign Not As Effective As Braces?
It’s a misconception that Invisalign isn’t as effective as braces or that it can only treat minor issues. The truth is that Invisalign works for all types of orthodontic problems, be it minor, moderate, or even severe issues. Initially, when Invisalign was first made, they could only treat simple issues like overbite and underbite. However, due to the developments of Invisalign attachments like buttons, elastics, and movements, Invisalign can treat all of the issues that traditional braces can. Invisalign is an effective orthodontic treatment against all kinds of orthodontic issues, including malocclusion, overbite, underbite, overcrowded teeth, gapped teeth, etc.
Are Invisible Braces Working Well?
Are you wondering if your Invisalign braces are working well? The best way to tell if your Invisalign braces are working is to go for your dental appointments every two weeks so the dentist can examine your progress and provide the next set of aligners. As long as you keep moving through each set of aligners every two weeks, you can rest assured that your Invisalign is working. If you find that your teeth are still not suited for the next set of aligners in two weeks, it may be an indication that the previous set hasn’t worked completely. To ensure that your Invisalign braces work well, you must wear them for at least 22 hours per day. If you take them off too often, your teeth will start reverting to their original position.
Are Braces Cheaper Than Invisalign?
Midtown braces are widely considered to be a lot cheaper than Invisalign. Considering all the benefits of Invisalign, the only reason everyone doesn’t prefer Invisalign to braces is that they’re extremely costly. The average cost of braces is around $3,000, but you can get insurance coverage for it. The average cost of Invisalign orthodontic treatment ranges from $3,000 to $7,000, and you may get insurance coverage for up to $3,000.
Should I Get Invisalign Or Braces For My (Horrible) Teeth?
You should choose braces for your teeth if you’re on a strict budget, and you don’t mind the fact that you’ll have highly visible brackets on your teeth for several years. You should opt for Invisalign braces instead of braces for the following reasons:
- Invisalign aligners look so much better than traditional braces. They’re completely invisible, so no one has to see them. Traditional braces can be pretty ugly.
- You can remove Invisalign clear aligners any time you want, which means you can maintain oral hygiene and eat what you want. Traditional braces can’t be removed, so you have to watch what you eat.
- Invisalign braces are also more comfortable.
- Invisalign braces work within 18 months.
What Are The Benefits Of Orthodontic Treatment?
The following are some of the key benefits of orthodontic treatment:
- They improve your smile.
- With a better smile, you also feel more confident in general.
- Straightening your teeth can help you maintain oral hygiene better.
- Straightened teeth are less likely to get cavities or periodontal disease.
Schedule Your Orthodontic Treatment
URBN Dental is one of the most reputable dental clinics in Houston in which our dentists recommend the best orthodontic treatment for your set of teeth. For more information, please schedule your orthodontic treatment today.