Invisalign braces or Invisalign aligners are widely deemed to be the most effective orthodontic appliances available. They are transparent or clear aligners that gradually apply pressure on your teeth to move them in the desired direction. Each Invisalign aligner is designed for your specific teeth, and you get a series of Invisalign aligners, each corresponding to a different stage in your treatment. Each Invisalign aligner is designed to be slightly ill-fitting on purpose, so they move your teeth in the correct direction. Once they stop applying pressure on your teeth, the next set of Invisalign aligners continue the procedure. The greatest aspect of wearing Invisalign aligners is that you don’t have to rely on elastic bands, brackets, buttons, or other such attachments. However, in some major cases, Invisalign attachments rubber bands, buttons, and elastic bands may be necessary. In this article, we discuss the details of the Invisalign treatment and the use of attachments, buttons, and elastic bands.
What is it like to have Invisalign treatment?
People often wonder what it’s like to have an Invisalign treatment. The major issue with traditional braces is that they’re uncomfortable, they look hideous, and you must wear them for several years. Invisalign braces, however, are transparent, comfortable, and that makes them more tolerable for an extended period.
The following is a quick overview of what you can expect from the Invisalign treatment:
- Invisalign aligners are the ideal solution for adults and children because they’re removable. You can take them off whenever you want. This is beneficial in a lot of situations. Let’s say you’re stepping into an important meeting — you can take them off for the duration of the meeting. You can also take them off before meals, so they don’t get stained. Furthermore, you can take them off while brushing so your teeth remain clean.
- Invisalign clear aligners really are transparent, unless someone looks closely at your teeth. And I think it’s fair to assume most people don’t pay such close attention to your teeth. The only noticeable part of wearing Invisalign is that you may get a slight lisp for a few hours after you change into a new set. However, the lisp only lasts for a few hours while your mouth gets used to the new set, and it’s not very noticeable.
- Traditional metal braces can be very uncomfortable and painful because of all the buttons, attachments, wires, and brackets. However, Invisalign aligners don’t have any such attachments, making them extremely comfortable.
- Invisalign braces are a lot more effective and faster than traditional metal braces. The typical Invisalign treatment time ranges from six months to eighteen months. Compared to that, the typical traditional braces treatment time may also go up to three to four years.
What’s the purpose of Invisalign attachments, buttons, and elastic bands?
Invisalign SmartForce attachments are small-tooth colored shapes attached over the teeth. They act like handles to ensure the aligners push your teeth with greater force, allowing complex movements that wouldn’t be possible otherwise. Invisalign buttons for elastics are little tooth-colored bonding materials attached to the tooth to guide the corrective force in the right direction. Invisalign elastics are rubber bands attached to the Invisalign aligners to guide the direction of treatment even more. All of the aforementioned Invisalign attachments are largely invisible, and they’re only necessary for some major misalignment issues.
Do clear aligners really work?
One of the most common misconceptions about clear aligners in general and Invisalign specifically is that they only correct mild or moderate alignment issues. That is completely false — Invisalign is one of the most effective orthodontic treatments, and it can correct all minor, moderate, and major alignment issues. Invisalign braces can correct any issue that a traditional metal bracket can correct — and often do so a lot quicker.
When Invisalign aligners were first made, they couldn’t fix many of the complex issues that traditional braces could handle. However, thanks to the development of Invisalign attachements, buttons, and elastic bands, you can correct a lot more issues. In some cases, Invisalign braces can also correct issues more effectively than traditional metal braces. For example, if you have issues like crowded teeth, gaps, or turned teeth, you’d traditionally have to wear spacers, expanders, or headgears. However, with Invisalign, you don’t need any such additional and cumbersome contraptions.
Why do my buttons on my Invisalign keep falling off?
Invisalign buttons may come off if you consume hard or sticky foods while wearing them. Sticky or hard food can dislodge the buttons. As such, if you’re about to eat something, you should take your Invisalign braces off and eat gently.
What is the Invisalign treatment time?
The Invisalign treatment time generally ranges between six months to eighteen months, though it depends on the condition of your teeth.
How Much Invisalign Cost?
The average cost of Invisalign treatment and Invisalign braces generally ranges from $4,000 to $7,400.
Should I get Invisalign instead of traditional metal braces?
The following are some of the key benefits of Invisalign braces over traditional metal braces:
- Metal braces are extremely visible, while Invisalign braces are invisible.
- Traditional metal braces are extremely uncomfortable compared to Invisalign.
- Invisalign can be taken off while eating, but traditional metal braces are fixed, and they get stained.
- Invisalign braces are a lot more effective, and you can take them off faster than metal braces.
- You can change successive Invisalign aligners yourself. However, if you have metal braces, you must always go to the orthodontist for changes and tightening.
Schedule Your Invisalign Treatment Today
URBN Dental is one of the best orthodontic and dentistry clinics in Houston, TX. We have some of the country’s finest dentists who examine your teeth and recommend the best orthodontic treatments for your needs. For more information, please schedule your Invisalign treatment consultation today.