Best Dental Implants Near Me
Houston dental implants are medical devices that replace the root structures of missing teeth and support dental crowns and prosthetics. We describe everything you should know about the best dental implants near me in Houston.
What are dental implants?
Dental Implants Near Me are medical devices drilled into the jawbone of the missing tooth. Dentures and bridges were the only treatment option for persons with lost teeth for many years. But dental implants are now readily available. Dental implants can replace tooth roots. Fixed (permanent) or removable dental implant designed to match your original teeth can be securely supported by implants. If you’re missing a tooth, the best dental implant specialist near me in Houston will drill a titanium post into the jawbone, where it will merge with your natural tissues, becoming an integrated component of the dental anatomy. The dental implant supports the prosthetic components of the teeth, such as dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures, depending on the number of missing teeth. Houston dental implants effectively replace the root structures of the missing teeth, and the prosthetic components replace the crowns.
The three components of a dental implant:
- Implant: The implant itself is the titanium post/ screw that’s drilled into the jawbone of the missing tooth. The implant is a replacement for the missing tooth’s root structure.
- Abutment: The abutment is connected to the titanium implant — it’s a connective component that links the implant to the dental crown or the prosthetic component.
- Prosthetic: The prosthetic component is the visible part of the implant anatomy — it can be a dental crown, dental bridge, or denture, depending on the number of missing teeth.
What are the types of teeth implants?
- Endosteal Implants: Endosteal implants are titanium screws drilled into the jawbone of the missing tooth. It pierces through the gum tissues and lodges deep within the jawbone, essentially becoming an integrated part of the dental anatomy. This is the most common type of dental implants Houston tx, because it offers a firm, stable foundation for the crown.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Subperiosteal implants are placed above the jawbone and underneath the gum tissues. That means the dental implant specialist doesn’t drill into the jawbone. Instead, a metallic framework that holds the implant is placed just above the jawbone, making it less invasive but not as sturdy as endosteal implants.
The Benefits Of Same Day Dental Implants Near Me in Houston :
- Natural Appearance: Dental implants near me look indistinguishable from natural teeth. They’re placed underneath the gum line, so they’re not visible to the naked eye. And they provide a firm and solid base for the prosthetic, which can be designed to resemble your natural teeth, so people won’t be able to distinguish your dental implants from natural teeth.
- Natural Functionality: Dental implants near me restore the natural functionality of teeth. Once drilled into the jawbone, they become an integrated component of your dental anatomy. They restore your ability to speak and chew comfortably, without any problems. You can also continue eating whatever you want — no restrictions.
- Jawbone Preservation: When you lose a tooth, the underlying jawbone starts getting absorbed by the body because it no longer has an impetus for growth. The gradual loss of the jawbone leads to facial sagging and misalignment. dental implants near me are the only teeth replacements capable of supporting and preserving natural jawbone structure.
- Maintain Dental Stability: Dental implants in Houston, tx prevent the surrounding teeth from moving out of place. When you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth start shifting towards the missing space, leading to misalignment. However, dental implants prevent your teeth from shifting, thus maintaining optimal dental alignment.
- Minimal Maintenance: Houston, tx dental implants don’t need special maintenance. You must brush and floss them regularly, and you must go for regular dental cleanings, the same as natural teeth. You don’t need special cleaners and can’t take them off at night. As such, dental implants feel like natural teeth.
- Durability. Implants are incredibly resilient and have a long lifespan. Many implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience. Detachable dentures are simply that—removable. Dentures no longer need to be removed in public or secured with messy adhesive, thanks to dental implants.
- Lifelong Treatment: Dental implants are placed for a lifetime. Once your dental implant is placed, you can rest assured it won’t need to be replaced in your lifetime unless you avoid oral hygiene and suffer from periodontitis, which can lead to dental implant failure. Only the prosthetics will have to be replaced every 15 to 20 years.
- Improve Confidence: Dental implants restore your confidence because they look, feel, and function like natural teeth. They also support your natural jawbone and prevent jawbone resorption, thus improving your overall confidence.
Are dental implants a permanent solution for tooth loss?
Yes, same day dental implants near me are a permanent solution for tooth loss. Once the implant is placed, you can rest assured that it’ll last for a lifetime. You’ll have to replace the prosthetic components, i.e., the crowns and dentures, every 15 to 20 years, but the dental implants will remain. However, you must maintain optimal oral hygiene and go to the dentist for regular dental cleanings. An easy local anaesthetic is typically used while placing an implant, which is frequently simpler than extracting a tooth. While there won’t be any pain during the procedure, you may experience some pain and discomfort a week afterwards, much like changing an extraction. If you avoid regular dental cleaning, you may eventually experience gum disease and periodontitis, leading to the loss of dental implants. With proper maintenance, dental implants are a permanent solution for tooth loss.
How many teeth can be replaced with dental implants?
Dental implants near me can replace as many teeth as necessary. If you’re missing only one tooth, you can get a single-tooth implant with a crown. If you’re missing multiple teeth in a row, you can get two dental implants to replace a complete series of missing teeth using a dental bridge. And if you’re missing all of the teeth on your upper or lower arch, you can get four or six strategically-placed dental implants to support a complete denture. As such, dental implants near me can replace one, several, or even all of your teeth.
Why are dental implants best for tooth replacement?
Dental implants are the best for tooth replacement because they replace the root structures of the missing teeth. All other teeth replacement options only focus on the visible crowns, whereas dental implants focus on the underlying root structure. Furthermore, the titanium post becomes a firmly rooted part of your dental anatomy, making it a firm and solid base for the crown or bridge. Dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth. If you’re looking for a dental implant dentist near me in Houston, Visit URBN Dental Houston Clinic. Our skilled and experienced team can help restore your smile with natural-looking dental implants.
Contact The Best Dental Implant Specialist Near Me In Houston
URBN Dental is led by one of Houston’s leading best dental implant specialists near me — Dr Jiman Nelson. Our dental implant doctors carefully examine your teeth, discuss your goals, and curate personalized dental implant treatment plans during your appointment. We use the latest dental implant techniques, including the All-on-4 implants, to replace all your missing teeth with minimal implants. Are you looking for a reliable dental implant dentist near me in Houston? At URBN Dental, Our experienced and skilled team can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. Book an appointment at URBN Dental today if you’re considering the best dental implants near me in Houston, TX.