What is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign treatment is widely considered to be one of the best orthodontic procedures to straighten teeth. Traditionally, most orthodontic procedures have focused on highly-visible, uncomfortable, and ugly metallic braces. These lead to a lot of self-consciousness and social anxiety and young adults don’t like to wear them because they’re permanent fixtures that will remain on their teeth for several years. Compared to that, Invisalign clear aligners are made of transport thermoplastic material and they’re removable so they overcome most of the challenges of traditional braces. Invisalign treatment is minimally-invasive, the aligners are transparent, they’re highly effective, and you can take them off before meals so they don’t get stained. They gradually apply pressure on your teeth to move them in the desired direction and the entire treatment generally concludes within 18 months, thus generating quicker results than most traditional braces. However, Invisalign treatment is exponentially more expensive than traditional braces, which is why you have to truly measure whether its advantages outpace the discomfort caused by traditional braces. It’s also important to find the right Invisalign dentist near me who can provide the perfect set of Invisalign clear aligners for your teeth. This article discusses what Invisalign treatment is and how to find the best Invisalign dentist in Houston.
Why is it Important to Straighten Teeth?
The importance of straightening teeth cannot be underestimated. You may think crooked or misaligned teeth don’t lead to long-term consequences, but that’s incorrect. While crooked teeth lead to cosmetic issues, they also lead to various long-term problems affecting your dental health later in life. The most crucial reason to straighten teeth is to fix malocclusion, i.e., a condition in which the improper spacing within your jaws or inappropriate jaw development leads to issues like misalignment, crooked teeth, and uneven teeth. In a perfectly healthy set of teeth, the upper and lower arch of the teeth should meet perfectly when you clench your back teeth.
Furthermore, there should be a single central line between the front teeth of the upper and lower arch. If these conditions aren’t met, you may suffer from issues like an overbite, underbite, crowded teeth, or other misalignment issues. In addition to the aesthetic lack of symmetry, malocclusion also adversely impacts your health. Uneven teeth lead to an uneven distribution of bite force, which leads to issues like teeth grinding and bruxism, which leads to damaged teeth, worn-out enamel, and other issues. This can also lead to jaw pains, earaches, and migraines. Furthermore, the sustained damage to the teeth caused by uneven bite force leads to dental problems that will eventually need to be solved with dental crowns and bridges. That’s why it’s crucial to straighten your teeth with orthodontic procedures before your dental health suffers a significant blow.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
In the previous section, we discussed the importance of straightening teeth. But that can also be achieved with traditional metal braces that ar,e far cheaper than Invisalign clear aligners. So why should you opt for Invisalign clear aligners instead?
- Invisalign clear aligners are transparent, so people can’t see them unless they look very closely. Traditional metal braces, in comparison, are obvious, and everyone can see them, which is why they also lead to feelings of self-consciousness.
- Invisalign clear aligners are removable, so you can take them off before meals, so they don’t get stained. You have to ensure you wear them for at least 22 hours every day, or they won’t work. Traditional metal braces can’t be removed,, so they eventually get stained and discolored, making them look even worse.
- Invisalign clear aligners are completely comfortable and don’t cause discomfort, while metal braces can be pretty uncomfortable.
- Invisalign clear aligners are far more effective because you only have to wear them for 6 to 18 months. Compared to that, you have to wear traditional braces for 1 to 3 years.
The Procedure for Invisalign Near Me
The following steps outline the procedure for Invisalign near me:
- The Invisalign dentist or orthodontist has you bite down on a dental mold, so they get accurate impressions of your teeth.
- The Invisalign dentist creates an accurate impression of your teeth and highlights all phases in your orthodontic treatment journey.
- The dentist may have to remove some teeth to make space in your jaws to straighten teeth. This is necessary if you have crowded teeth.
- The dentist sends the impressions to the laboratory so they can prepare the Invisalign clear aligners.
- Once the Invisalign clear aligners return, the dentist will show you how to wear and maintain them.
- You have to wear the Invisalign clear aligners for at least 22 hours every day and return to the dentist every two weeks so they can track your progress.
- You’ll have to replace the clear aligners and wear progressive Invisalign aligners every two weeks so your teeth can continue moving in the correct direction.
- Once your teeth are aligned, you’ll have to wear retainers for a few weeks to ensure they don’t return to their original position.
How Much is Invisalign in Texas?
Invisalign in Texas may cost between $1,850 to $5,500 — give or take, depending on various factors.
Get your Invisalign Clear Aligners Today
URBN Dental Midtown is one of the best emergency dental clinics for Invisalign braces in Houston, TX. We have some of the finest Invisalign dentists in Houston who can carefully scrutinize your teeth and dental framework to ensure we create the perfect set of clear aligners for you. For more information, please schedule an appointment to get your Invisalign clear aligners today.