Are your teeth misaligned or crooked and do you want to straighten them? Are you afraid of wearing metal brackets on your teeth for several years? Do you want to transform your teeth without such an uncomfortable and visually ugly method? Well, that’s precisely where Invisalign in Houston TX comes in. Used by celebrities from across the globe, Invisalign is one of the best methods to transform your smile and fix your misaligned or crooked teeth. In this article, we discuss what is Invisalign in Houston TX, Invisalign Houston price, and where to find the best Texas orthodontic specialists.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign refers to a set of clear or transparent braces or aligners that push your teeth in the correct direction to fix misaligned or crooked teeth. This is the best method to fix your overbite, underbite, or other such dental issues. Invisalign Houston is the best method to fix orthodontic issues and bite alignment. In fact, Invisalign is used by famous celebrities from across the globe to fix their teeth. Unlike transitional braces, however, Invisalign braces are removable and you have to change them every two weeks because each successive Invisalign aligner pushes your teeth forwards in the correct direction. At the beginning of the procedure, the dentist will have several sets of Invisalign aligners prepared corresponding to different periods in your Invisalign procedure — each successive pair will push your teeth towards the ultimate desired destination. You can also remove the Invisalign aligners before eating so they don’t get stained — however, you must wear them for at least 22 hours every day or they won’t be very effective. Depending on how regular you are with them, the entire Invisalign Houston procedure should conclude within 18 months.
Should I get Invisalign or Braces for my (Horrible) Teeth?
When considering potential orthodontic procedures, people often wonder if they should get Invisalign or if they should stick to traditional braces. The following section offers a brief comparison of the two orthodontic treatments. As you’ll note, Invisalign braces are superior to traditional braces in every single way except one — the cost. People still use traditional braces only because they’re a fraction of the cost of Invisalign braces.
The following are some of the primary qualities of Invisalign braces:
- They are completely transparent and invisible so you don’t have to feel self-conscious about wearing them.
- You can take them off before meals so they don’t get stained. This saves you a lot of social embarrassment.
- The entire Invisalign procedure takes 6 months to 18 months, which isn’t too long and you see results pretty fast. This is possible because Invisalign aligners apply pressure on all of your teeth simultaneously.
- There’s no pain or discomfort. You may feel slight discomfort initially but you’ll get used to that. There are no wires or brackets so there’s no risk of sores or injuries.
- You don’t have to keep going to the dentist — you can change your Invisalign aligners every two weeks on your own as well.
- Invisalign is the most expensive orthodontic procedure in the world, which makes it inaccessible to many people. It’s not even covered by insurance.
The following are some of the primary qualities of traditional braces:
- Wires are wrapped around your teeth and there’s a metal bracket attached to the front face of your teeth. Both the metallic brackets and archwires are highly visible, which can lead to considerable social consciousness.
- You can’t take the braces off whenever you want. As such, they get stained when you eat, which can be embarrassing. You also have to thoroughly brush your teeth and braces after eating so the stains don’t remain visible.
- The entire orthodontic procedure may even take as much as 3 years, which is an incredibly long time to be wearing braces. It takes a long time because the dentist will apply pressure on different regions of your teeth separately.
- If the metal bracket isn’t attached correctly, you may suffer some discomfort, pain, and bruises from the wires.
- You have to keep going back to the dentist every few weeks so they can tighten your braces.
- Traditional braces are far cheaper than Invisalign braces, which is why most people still use traditional braces.
How Can Invisalign be Used to Fix Overbites or Underbites?
Overbites refer to teeth in which the upper teeth extend further out than the lower teeth. Underbites refer to teeth in which the lower teeth extend further out than the upper teeth. Invisalign can easily fix this issue by applying greater pressure on the extended set of teeth till they’re even and in line with the opposite arch.
How to Clean Invisalign?
The best method to clean Invisalign is with a toothbrush using cold water and gentle liquid soap. You can also soak your Invisalign aligners in lukewarm tap water and distilled vinegar for 15 to 30 minutes.
What Is The Average Invisalign Price in Houston?
The total cost of Invisalign Houston treatment ranges from $5,000 to $8,000. It’s not usually covered by insurance. Invisalign price may vary depending on several factors like the type of invisalign set you opt for, etc.
How Can Cosmetic Dentistry Improve your Smile?
Cosmetic dentistry can improve your smile in many different ways:
- Teeth whitening procedures can whiten and brighten your teeth.
- Dental bonding can be used to fix all cracks in your teeth.
- Veneers can cover up all of your deformities such as cracks, discoloration, or any other.
- Orthodontic procedures can straighten your misaligned or crooked teeth.
Schedule Your Invisalign Consultation in Houston
URBN Dental Houston TX is one of the best Invisalign Houston treatment centers. We have some of the world’s finest dentists who can examine your bite, take a mold of your teeth, and create the perfect set of Invisalign aligners for your mouth. For more information, please Schedule Your Invisalign Consultation in Houston today.