Invisalign is one of the best orthodontic procedures available. Invisalign first came into the picture about two decades ago. Ever since then, it has revolutionized orthodontic dentistry because people of all ages can now seek orthodontic treatments without embarrassment. In the past, orthodontic procedures entailed wearing highly-visible metallic brackets and braces for several years. As such, orthodontic procedures caused a lot of self-consciousness, which is why people avoided them altogether. Thanks to Invisalign, you can fix your teeth within two years without any social embarrassment. The Invisalign treatment plan has been embraced by various celebrities, including Billie Eilish, Khloe Kardashian, Justin Bieber, Serena Williams, Eva Longoria, Zac Efron, and many others. Now, you may wonder, “how does Invisalign work, and how can I find Invisalign dental offices near me?” In this article, we take you through the complete Invisalign treatment plan.
What is the Invisalign treatment plan?
Invisalign is an orthodontic procedure in which you must wear a series of progressive transparent thermoplastic aligners that gently apply pressure on your teeth to move them in the desired direction. Each Invisalign aligner corresponds to various stages in your treatment plan, and you have to change your Invisalign aligners every two weeks. Each Invisalign aligner moves your teeth a little until you reach the final Invisalign aligner, which sets your teeth in the optimal position. The entire Invisalign treatment plan generally takes between 6 to 18 months.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign is one of the most effective orthodontic procedures. Invisalign aligners can fix all orthodontic issues, including misaligned teeth, malocclusion, overbites, underbites, overcrowded teeth, etc. However, in some cases, the Invisalign dentist may have to remove a tooth or two. And in other instances, you may have to wear Invisalign attachments.
- The Invisalign treatment plan is cosmetically appealing because you have to wear transparent thermoplastic aligners. Unless someone is actively looking for the aligners, they won’t know you’re wearing Invisalign aligners.
- The entire Invisalign aligner process concludes within 18 months. Compared to that, you have to wear metallic braces for up to 4 years.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, so you can take them off before meals or while brushing. As such, Invisalign aligners allow you to indulge in meals without straining the aligners and ensure optimal oral health.
- Invisalign aligners are a lot more comfortable than traditional braces. The lack of wires and brackets makes Invisalign aligners a lot more comfortable.
- People wearing Invisalign aligners can also travel without concerns. You will have to carry your Invisalign aligners while traveling to continue changing your aligners when necessary. People wearing traditional braces can’t usually travel freely because they have to meet the dentist often.
How does Invisalign work?
- The Invisalign dentist will examine your teeth during your initial consultation to determine the optimal orthodontic treatment. The Invisalign dentist will ask you to bite down on a piece of paper and then bite down on a dental mold.
- The Invisalign dentist will use the dental mold to determine the exact Invisalign treatment plan necessary for you. The Invisalign dentist will chart your dental decay on a computer and show you how they will change your dental shape over the Invisalign procedure. You’ll see how your teeth will respond to the Invisalign treatment at each stage of the dental practice.
- If you’re happy with the future results, you can proceed with the Invisalign treatment plan.
- The Invisalign dentist will send an order for a series of Invisalign aligners corresponding to each stage in your treatment plan.
- Once the Invisalign dentist receives the Invisalign aligners, they will show you how to wear them.
- You will have to wear the Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours daily for maximum effectiveness.
- The Invisalign dentist will ask you to return for your appointments every 1 to 2 weeks.
- You’ll have to keep changing your Invisalign aligners, moving down the set of aligners until you reach the final one.
- When you finish the final Invisalign aligner, your teeth will be perfectly aligned.
- Finally, the Invisalign dentist will ask you to wear retainers for six months to ensure that your teeth remain in place and don’t move back.
What is it like to have Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment is relatively discreet and comfortable. Since Invisalign aligners are removable, you can continue brushing, flossing, and all other dental hygiene habits. When you start the Invisalign treatment, you may experience pain and discomfort because they’ll apply pressure on your teeth. However, you will soon become accustomed to that sensation, and you won’t even feel it eventually. Invisalign treatment doesn’t cause pain, certainly not as much as traditional braces.
How long does the Invisalign treatment take?
The Invisalign treatment usually lasts 6 to 18 months, depending on your teeth’s original condition and the frequency of use. You can minimize the Invisalign treatment time by wearing Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours a day. The more you wear your Invisalign aligners, the faster they’ll work. After the Invisalign aligners, you’ll also have to wear retainers for six months to ensure that your teeth don’t return to their original position.
How much does Invisalign cost?
The Invisalign treatment costs between $3,000 and $7,000. However, you can get insurance coverage for at least a part of that Invisalign treatment, significantly reducing your out-of-pocket financial burden.
Find Invisalign Dental Offices Near Me
URBN Dental is one of Houston, Texas’s most accomplished cosmetic dentistry clinics. Our Invisalign-approved orthodontic dentists will examine your teeth and recommend the best orthodontic procedure. For more information, please find Invisalign dental offices near me.